– Be generous but not extravagant, be frugal but not miserly.
– A wise man first thinks and then speaks and a fool speaks first and then thinks.
– If you overpower your enemy, then pardon him by way of thankfulness to Allah, for being able to subdue him.
– Live amongst people in such a manner that if you die they weep over you and if you are alive they crave for your company.
– Unfortunate is he who cannot gain a few sincere friends during his life and more unfortunate is the one who has gained them and then lost them (through his deeds).
– The best kind of wealth is to give up inordinate desires
– Man is a wonderful creature; he sees through the layers of fat (eyes), hears through a bone (ears) and speaks through a lump of flesh (tongue).